Because we’ve got the skills to help! Since 2014, we’ve been spending our days online, searching Google for casinos, bonuses and games. In that time, we’ve learned how to examine terms and conditions, find excellent UK sites and offer in-depth independent reviews. We’re also savvy bonus hunters too.
Slotsquad Skill Bars
Casino bonus hunting skills
Casino review skills
Online slots and games review skills
Finding UK players the best casino sites skills
Reading boring casino terms and conditions skills
We’ve put together a list of the top 10 things to consider when joining a new online casino in 2020.
1. UK licensed, regulated and compliantThe UK Gambling Commission licenses and regulates the people and businesses that provide gambling in Great Britain. Amongst other things, they prevent harm to the consumers and protect the interests of players. If you’re joining a new casino in 2020, it must hold an active UKGC remote gaming licence.
You can check the status of any UK casino site licence at the United Kingdom Gambling Commission website. Search for individuals and companies who hold online gambling operating licences here.
Another great thing about the Gambling Commission is that they publish all actions, breaches and fines associated with any online casino that’s dropped the ball. Thumbs up for public information!
2. Online slots and casino gamesIt’s 2020, so there’s no excuse when it comes to online slots and games. In the past, it was normal to find sites loaded with repetitive and boring ways to win money. Fast forward, and it’s all change. We look for UK casinos with the latest slots, newest games and top providers. This includes:
- Sites with demo play slots
- Best online slot games to win
- Highest rtp slots and fair payout rates
- HTML5 casino games for crisp mobile gameplay
- Multiple game providers
- High-quality graphics, bonus rounds and exciting features
- Attractive jackpots, paytable prizes, free spins and ways to win
3. Best casino bonuses UKIf you’re joining somewhere for the first time, you want the best new player casino bonus. Whether it’s a 500 first deposit bonus, free spins no wagering no deposit or a card registration bonus, we’ll show you the latest offers.
We’ll talk more about this later, but we look at the 5 main parts of an online casino welcome bonus to help determine how good the offer.
- 1. UK casino welcome bonus with deposit or no deposit needed
- 2. Bonus wagering requirements or no wagering required
- 3. free spins or bonus money
- 4. Number of free spins or the maximum amount of bonus
- 5. Percentage of casino match deposit bonus 50%, 100%, 200% etc
4. Terms and conditionsLike most industries, the online gambling industry uses long, tedious and difficult to read terms and conditions. Often printed with small text, loaded with jargon and with words all clumped together – there’s nothing more frustrating than online casino terms and conditions. But we don’t mind; we’re eager to trawl through the bull mush. At Slotsquad, we look at T&Cs to help players find out what their registration means.
Terms and ConditionsAn online casino is a gambling provider that provides you with gambling services. It’s important to understand how a casino site works before you use it and that you know the agreement you’re signing.
Casino terms and conditions are watertight and legally-binding written agreements. You’ll find the T&Cs link at the bottom of your chosen UK casino site as well as near any bonus, offer or promotion offered by the brand.
The best UK casino sites won’t hide the details. They should make legal agreements clear, transparent and easy to find. While this information isn’t easy to understand or read, everything important should be made available. We’ve provided a list below of useful online casino terms and conditions ‘pieces of information’ worth overlooking.
Casino terms and conditions: Useful stuff worth knowing about your chosen UK slots site
- Information required for ID verification checks
- Owner, operator and casino company details
- Proof of United Kingdom Gambling Commission licence
- Restricted jurisdictions – are UK players accepted?
- Details of the minimum and maximum deposit details
- Any withdrawal fees or other service charges
- Any charges or fees for processing deposits
- Whether your money has medium protection, high protection or no protection
- Specific rules for casino bonuses and promotions
- Responsible gaming tools
- How to close your account
- Complaints and dispute resolution procedure